Creating (Outer and Inner) Space

Space.... the most vague word in the world. Are you talking about outer space? Or you talking about the space between this tree and that tree? Lets talk about outer space for a second though cause I like to think about that... Isn't it mildly amusing how they called it space? I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Uhhhh so what do we call this... area?

I don't know man it's just a shitload of space.

....SPACE... genius.

Space is a beautiful thing. Really, space is separation. And lately I've been trying to make room for separation (space).

If my body is tight, not relaxed, scrunched over... where is the space for my blood to flow to my extremities? My food to digest properly? My breath to move freely throughout my body?

If all my thoughts are consumed with what people think of me, or how to make other people happy, where is the space for my own thoughts to encourage and love myself?

If all I do is work 24/7? Where is the space for freedom? And fun?

This day in age it's very easy to fill every aspect of our lives with something. One moment we're on Instagram, the next we are on our computer filling out an excel sheet, the next we are checking emails and later that night we are watching 3 hours of Netflix.

Eventually, you get to the point where there is no space, no time, no separation. At times this might feel comforting, like we are staying busy and don't have to "think" too much about what's going on. But 2 months go by and you're like fuck, I haven't taken the time to SEPARATE myself and be MYSELF.

By no means am I some sort of spiritual guru, philosopher person... quite the opposite actually. But recently I've gotten into a better groove of finding space. I stiull struggle every day to find the proper separation (space), but practicing yoga has significantly improved my ability to find space mentally and physically. I strongly recommend you try it out.

What are some things that you do to create space in your life? How do you separate? I'd love to hear what you have to say.

With love.

RIVIR


Comments

Popular Posts