Artist Spotlight: Livin' The Dream Movement


This week's artist spotlight is a little bit different than what we've been doing up to this point, which has mainly revolved around musicians. This week, we are featuring a young author, keynote speaker and adventurer, Alexa Glazer. She published and released her first book on April 10th of this year and has been traveling the country to deliver her message to the masses. I got the chance to meet Alexa last year when she came to the valley when visiting with a mutual friend of ours and I remember being immediately uplifted by her smile and optimism. She had the type of personality that screams "I'm doing exactly what I want in life, and I want to help you to do the same."

Alexa took the time to tell us about overcoming resistance and how she's been able to stay focused on her vision for Livin' The Dream.

July 3, 2015 was the first blog post you made declaring your goal to write a book. Through all of your hardships, triumphs and in-betweens, it seems you've stuck to your vision and have now accomplished your dream of becoming a published author. Was there a point in time in the last 3 years when life had you wanting to change your path towards something safer, or more "practical?" If so, what made you get back on track?

"Wow. Life today is incredible. It's the epitome of livin' the dream.  How I see that I am clearly livin' the dream, my dream. Now, that dream and this mindset that has come from a glorious amount of rock bottom and cloud nine moments.  It's complied of so many tears, tears from sadness and many tears from pride.  It's complied of so many thoughts, thoughts of doubt and fear and thoughts of dreams and legacies.  It's complied of love, love lost and love gained. It's complied of passion, passions changing and passions growing. It's complied of this new-found belief system, the idea of believing in something, anything.

The moment that started on January 27th 2014 when my life got turned upside down was the moment that everything for me changed. The moment that started out as just an idea on June 6th, 2015. The moment on July 3rd, 2015 where I was telling the world I was going to write a book and hold myself accountable. Lastly, the moment I received the book in my hands on March 15th, 2018, the moment that felt so unreal that I still need someone to pinch me.

It all has left me slightly speechless and for a girl that just wrote a 415 page book speechless doesn't seem to be an issue for me.  It has left me giddy with butterflies and sweaty palms. It has left me smiling so much that my cheeks physically hurt.  It has me up all hours of the night tossing and turning thinking about my next big adventure on this continued journey of mine... 

Back to your main question though, was there a point in time in the last three years when life had me wanting to change my path towards something safer, or more practical? The most genuine answer is no.  I never wanted to change my path - I just always knew that it wasn't going to be easy or get easier. I had my doubts of how long it was going to take me to succeed but not doubts that one day I would in fact succeed. 

When I am unsure or fearing failure, whatever that is, I think to myself, practice what you preach Alexa.  One thing I always say is your feelings are valid and let no one tell you differently. Everyone's story is unique and therefore everyone is allowed to feel how they want and need to feel. Therefore, when I need to cry and vent, I allow it to happen - trust me it happens and always in public places like Starbucks or the airport or the grocery store. But then I wipe my tears and I laugh it off. I shake my booty and dance it out in the kitchen.  I have learned to take life less seriously and it has helped tremendously.

The closest moment I have had to what you are talking about is when I had a conversation with my mom on the phone about a month ago and was stressed about all the finishing touches to my book. On this phone call I said "Mom ... Why do I want to conquer the world?! Am I crazy? Why is this what my purpose is in life? "  and she responded with "Because thats just what you were meant to do Lex." and I went "You're freaking right.  You're absolutely right." That's all the reassurance I needed.  Not the reassurance to become a doctor, or work in an office, or to go back to waiting tables.  It was just the reassurance that what I am doing no matter how crazy it seems to others is that I am in fact right where I am supposed to be.  Stress and all.

So even though I have had my fair share of ups and downs, I have been on a hell of a learning curve starting a movement, starting a business, filing for a trademark, an LLC and a DBA, to speaking on a stage for the first time. to writing a book and then publishing the dang thing and the dream list goes on and on but ... I literally would not change this for the world.  I would not give up anything to go back to practical.

For those that want a life that is easier, or want to pivot to something more practical... don't.  Don't do it.  No matter how scary it seems.  No matter how much of a grind you have to go through.  No matter how many tears, how much money you spend before a return on investment, no mater how many stupid ideas, failed attempts, and don't forget dealing with the haters ... just don't cave. 

Know that life is not easy, it will never be easy and it is not supposed to be easy. This is why when we reach the finish line it is so much sweeter.  It's why you can't stop smiling, can't stop dancing on cloud nine, can't stop the sweaty palms, the fast heartbeats and the high-on-life feeling.   

You my friend, can do this.  We my friend, can conquer the world together. Please just go for it.

Get lost just to find yourself.  Do what you want to, when and where you want to do it and don't let anyone tell you, you can't because you absolutely, positively, outrageously CAN.

Livin' the dream ... today because tomorrow is not promised."


Follow Alexa and Livin The Dream Movement on Instagram and at her Website where you can stay up to date with her blog, tour announcements, merchandise and more.

Thank you for reading.
Stay steady on your flow.

RIVIR.

Comments

Popular Posts