Artist Feature: Casey Sullivan

For our artist feature this week we are lucky to have one of brightest, young entrepreneurs west of the Mississippi: Casey Sullivan. In addition to having been the frontman of a band named Seedless, who garnered much national attention and went on several nationwide tours, Casey now runs an online business called "Coffee In the Shower", which currently sits in the top 1% for daily web traffic in their respective industry.

Casey and his wife Katie do all of the design, marketing, printing, shipping and leg work for the business. When they aren't busy shipping merch out around the world, they also play in a sublime cover band called Burritos who has been packing out shows in the Orange Country area after being around for less than 6 months.

Casey has undergone a lot of change in his life, so we wanted to get some insight as to how he continues moving forward and finds motivation. Our question for Casey this week was:

"After starting your own business and venturing into new musical endeavors, has there been a moment where you felt like you had made the wrong decision, or you weren't sure what the next move was? In a situation like this, where do you find the motivation to keep going? What's the bigger purpose pulling you forward?"


"In the beginning I definitely had some doubts on my journey and was missing playing live. The feeling of playing your songs in front of a crowd singing along is one of the best feelings in the world, but the feeling of providing for your family and being there for their birthday and not on the road is an even greater feeling. 


The plan changes week to week and doubts arise every day, but having a clear vision of where I wanted to be in 10 years has helped me endure  through the hardships of entrepreneurship. It's not all mai tais and sandy beaches for holidays 10 times a year, it's doing what most people won't do right now to live like most can't in the future. I love the hustle, I love grinding for 10-12 hours a day because I'm a workaholic and can't get enough of it.

My motivation comes from helping my family, and also helping others. I have recently started mentoring and consulting other musicians on their journey. I feel like there are a lot of hurdles that can be skipped with the right training and coaching from someone who has been there before. All in all, I am happy to pursue other paths after Seedless, they are still my brothers and we support each other as much as we possibly can.

If I were to stay on the road and in the band when I did, I don't believe I would have had the time and/or energy to build my own business for my family, and also gain the knowledge I've been seeking to spread to the next generation.

Thanks for including me in your artist series and much love to everyone reading."

Coffee In the Shower
Burritos the Band
Seedless

Comments

Popular Posts